1. The people are amazing. There are some bad apples (there are everywhere) but this entire country is very giving of themselves. It’s like an entire country of people pleasers. How about an example? In my first month, I found a pizza place on my block that only served Korean style, and the guy spoke […]
10 Things - South Korea
I lived in South Korea for three years, from 2008 until 2011. I read quite a bit of Peter King to keep up on American Football. A staple of his articles are the 10 Things I Think sections.
I toyed with this while finding my writing voice and went long form with them. Quite a bit longer form than I like. Some of these are painful to read, but that's not the point.
These are a curation of what I thought about getting out into South Korean culture.
3. My Love/Hate Football Relationship: The Good I’ve had a few people ask me why, if I love football so much, I don’t watch it much. This will probably get a tad long-winded, but mostly because I care so much about the topic. So I’m not sure how many of you know this, but I’ve […]
3. My Love/Hate Football Relationship: The Bad So why is it that I don’t like watching football on television? As someone who loves information, shouldn’t the extra coverage get me excited? All the extra angles with the pre and post game “analysis” means I’d be in heaven. The short answer is no. When I got […]
3. My Love/Hate Football Relationship: The Ugly So now it comes down to it. What I think has really gotten ugly. I’ve gone through six revisions, mostly died from getting too “in the weeds” against Madden. I’ll keep it somewhat short and sweet with this one. I hope. Because there’s so many options to do […]
4. This country is fun to run in. Photo shared from the Chris in South Korea Blog. For me, it beats the U.S. in a lot of areas. I feel more connected to the community here, when I run. No matter when I manage to fit time in for my runs, there are always people […]